Arjun Paan has now been Changed to Penta Paan.
“ARJUN PAAN” is name of this product. It is not a conventional PAAN (Betel Leaf).
ARJUN PAAN – Naturally Sweetened with ‘Stevia’ but Free from Tobacco, Lime and Sugar.
Arjun Paan – This is a mixture of 100% Natural Vegetarian Ingredients.
Introduction of ARJUN PAAN:
Arjun paan is a food product. It produced from Arjun bark, Coriander seeds, Anise seeds, Amla/the Indian gooseberry, Betel leaf, Terminalia chebula, Black seed, Stevia, Licorice and other ingredients. It is tasty and very useful for those who wants to refrain from smoking, wants to get out of hazards of taking raw paan (Betel Leaf) and also those who wants to keep their mouth fresh & healthy. Other than the above it helps to strengthening heart, controls Diabetes and keeps stomach healthy.
It is granular form crunchy product.
Its main features are:
- After chewing there is no need to leave spittle of chewed betel.
- After chewing there is no leftovers in the mouth.
- After chewing there is no need to use tooth peak.
Why would you chew Arjun Paan?
- It greatly helps to give up addiction to any type of harmful products.
- It helps to reduce the risk of heart attack, and strengthen heart instead.
- Helps to control diabetes.
- Helps to relieve digestive problems and heartburn – stomach acid reflux.
- Helps to increase digestive power.
The ways Arjun Paan is processed & prepared:
Arjun Paan is made of the following beneficial Natural products: Arjun bark, Coriander seeds, Anise seeds, Amla/the Indian gooseberry, Betel leaf, Terminalia chebula, Black seed, Stevia, Licorice and other ingredients. . These ingredients are crushed into small pieces after their careful selection and hygienic cleaning steps to produce the final product – Arjun Paan. Its processing methods are fully natural and free from preservatives, therefore the original qualities of these herbal ingredients remain protected.
The Benefits of Arjun Paan:
The health benefits of Arjun Bark in Arjun Paan:
- Arjun bark is reach in Co-enzyme Q10 which helps to prevent heart diseases including heart attack.
- It helps in strengthening heart’s muscles.
- It helps to improve heart’s functions.
- It helps in reducing cholesterol levels in blood.
- It helps to control blood pressure.
- It helps in eliminating mouth odour.
- It has essential oil which helps in increasing digestive capacity.
- It has cancer cells’ growth preventative Gallic acid, Ethyl gallate and Luteolin – which helps in preventing cancer. “Constant production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) during aerobic metabolism is balanced by antioxidant defense system of an organism. ……. The results indicate the antioxidant action of aqueous extract of T. arjuna, which may play a role in the anti carcinogenic activity by reducing the oxidative stress along with inhibition of anaerobic metabolism.”
- It helps to cure asthma and infectious dysentery / severe diarrhoea.
- It helps in keeping digestive system healthy.
- It contains Tannin which helps to quick remedy of mouth, tongue and gum ulcers and pains. Moreover, it helps in preventing gum bleeding and inflammation and in desensitizing teeth.
- It keeps red blood cells healthy and active, which in turn maintains correct levels of oxygen in the blood.
- Its iron contents increase the levels of hemoglobin in blood and provide enough oxygen supply to make our body healthy and happy. “Arjuna (Terminalia Arjuna) supports circulation and tones up the heart, It is a natural rich source of tannin’s, calcium and iron, which get naturally absorbed by the body without producing any side effect. It improves the healing power of the body.” (Herb Forever, 2018 )
- It has both antioxidants potential as well as antimicrobial activity. A very recent study published in the Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine in Jan’18 was aimed to evaluate the antimicrobial and antioxidant potential of ethanolic extract of bark and leaves of Terminalia arjuna compared to its different solvent fractions. The results of this study “clearly indicated comparative antioxidant potential and antimicrobial activity in extracts of bark and leaves of arjuna. Results obtained in the present study strongly suggest that the polyphenols are important constituents of T. arjuna for the antioxidants potential as well as antimicrobial activity. …..In conclusion, antimicrobial and antioxidant potential of bark and leaves extract were comparable. There was marginal increase in antimicrobial and antioxidant in some extracts for bark and leaves. Therefore, the current study recommends the use of leaves of T. arjuna as substitute of bark for antioxidant and antimicrobial therapeutics.” (Kumar et. Al. 2018, p.100,106)[iii]
- “Terminalia arjuna( arjuna) ……is one of the most versatile medicinal plants having a wide spectrum of biological activity. The bark of T. arjuna is anti-dysentric, antipyretic, astringent, cardiotonic, lithotriptic, anticoagulant, hypolipidemi, antimicrobial and antiuremic agent. Many useful phytoconstituents have been isolated from T. arjuna which included triterpenoids for cardiovascular properties, tannins and flavonoids for its anticancer, antimicrobial properties and so on. ….. Phytochemical screening showed the active compounds presence in high concentration, such as phytosterol, lactones, flavonoids, phenolic compounds and tannins and glycosides.” (Mandal, 2013, p960)[iv]
The health benefits of Specially Processed Betel Nut in Arjun Paan:
- It helps to cure infection, inflammation and pain of gum tissue – Peoria disease.
- It helps to remedy stomach warm, blood dysentery and indigestion.
- Every 100g of betel nut has 289 kilo Calorie of energy.
The health benefits of Stevia in Arjun Paan:
- Although Stevie is 300 time sweeter than sugar, it has no calorific value and side effects, and thus diabetic patients can use this natural sweetener without any worries.
- Stevia is a source of remedy for controlling excessive secretion of urine called polyuria.
- It has many rare essential minerals such as Beta carotene and Vitamin-C which supply nutrients to our liver and spleen, and also it helps in releasing insulin from pancreas.
- It greatly helps in preventing stomach acid reflux.
- It helps in preventing eye, kidney and lung problems including gangrene of diabetic patients.
The health benefits of Coriander Seeds in Arjun Paan :
- It helps in releasing stomach acids and thus improves digestive functions.
- It plays especial role in producing insulin in our body and thus helps in maintaining blood sugar levels in the blood.
- It supports in reducing the amount of harmful cholesterol/LDL in blood as well as increasing the amount of beneficial cholesterol/HDL in blood.
- With its antibacterial power, coriander plays an important role in preventing all those food and water borne diseases such as cholera, typhoid, diarrhoea and dysentery.
- It contains higher level of iron which helps in preventing anemia.
The health benefits of Anise Seeds in Arjun Paan:
- It is very effective as mouth freshener.
- It contains essential minerals and vitamin such as Iron, Copper, Potassium, Zink, Selenium, Magnesium, and Vitamin A, C, E & B. Anise seeds are reach in fibre and antioxidant.
- It helps in improving eyesight, and also helps in reducing bloated belly, stomach cramps and indigestion.
- It helps to remedy constipation.
- Its fibre reach content greatly helps in preventing colon cancer.
- It helps in preventing possible stroke and heart attack.
The health benefits of Amla / Indian Gooseberry in Arjun Paan:
- It helps to cure infection in pancreas, reduce cholesterol levels in blood, and remedy kidney related diseases.
- It helps to relieve different types of liver problems and also helps in preventing jaundice.
- It helps in treating sun burn marks, to get protected from chronic cold-cough, and to improve brain function ability.
- It helps to cure constipation and piles related problems. It also helps in reducing bloated belly, stomach cramps and indigestion.
- It improves body’s self-immunization power, and reduces mental pressure.
- It eases to remedy cough, lack of sleep, headache, and pains.
- It helps to keep body temperature cool, to increase body’s function ability, and to strengthen muscles.
- It helps to strengthen hearts and lungs, and to raise brain’s functional ability, and also it helps in reducing bloated belly, stomach cramps and indigestion.
The health benefits of Betel Leaf in Arjun Paan:
- It helps to improve digestive ability.
- It help to control blood pressures.
- It helps to relieve sour throat and clear your voice.
- It helps in eliminating mouth odour.
- It helps to prevent all kinds of mouth ulcer by maintaining the antioxidant ascorbic acid level inside our mouth.
- It helps to remedy cold and cough.
- It helps to recover taste and appetite.
- It helps to prevent diabetes.
- It helps in losing body weight.
- It greatly helps to relieve headache.
- It greatly helps to relieve joint pains and arthritis.
- Betel leaf contains antibacterial chemical which helps to cure infections.
The health benefits of Haritaki / Terminalia Chebula in Arjun Paan:
- It helps keeping our blood pure and maintain the pulmonary system of the body to a better functioning condition. It is a digestive aid. It stimulates our senses and improve our intellectuality levels.
- It aids to expel the excretory material from the body easily and thus remedies constipation problems. It increases power of your eyesight, while resolving various dermatological/allergic health conditions.
- It soothes skin and also enhances health conditions of your hair.
- It provides remedies for different types of arthrities, coughing, sour throat and tooth aches.
- It is reach in antioxydent and thus helps in preventing oxygen to be oxidised excessively. [see the paragraphs below].
Our human body systems especially food metabolism and energy synthesis processes produce so many different harmful waste products including unpaired electrons called free radicals. These free radicals attack and oxidise the oxygen available in our body and cause oxidative stress related diseases specially precancerous or premalignant conditions. An experimental investigation carried out by BOSE et. al. (2011) at the Antioxidant Society of India revealed that the above mentioned Amlaki, Haritaki and Bahera individually or collectively in Triphala are powerful and effective antioxidant. Some important and useful healthy/medicinal information revealed from this study can be consulted from their article published in a journal named Science & Culture in Nov-Dec. 2011 (please see the quotations below):
“Triphala (combination of aqueous extract of Amlaki, Haritaki & Bahera) is extensively used as household remedy in India and South East Asia from ancient time. …… The bioactive components of triphala has been shown to have a wide spectrum of biological actions. These include its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anticarcinogenic, antibacterial, antiulcer activities. It’s anti-inflammatory, anticancer and antioxidant roles may be clinically exploited to control rheumatism, carcinogenesis and oxidative stress related pathogenesis.” (BOSE et. al., 2011, p511)[[v]]
“The difference types of toxic effects of the free radicals (unpaired electrons) ….. and Reactive Oxygen Species ….. such as hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), hypochlorus acid (HOCl) & singlet oxygen (O2) ….. can be blocked by the antioxidants which either scavenge the free radicals or block their synthesis. In vitro study of Amlaki, Haritaki & Bahera individually & collectively in Triphala shows potent (i.e. powerful/effective) antioxidant activity either by scavenging or by inhibiting the free radicals.” (BOSE et. al., 2011, pp511-512)
“..… Amlaki, Haritaki, Bahera & Triphala as a whole show good amount of antioxidant activity & this activity increases with the increasing concentration. …..Antioxidants slow down the process of excess oxidation and protect cells from the damage caused by free radicals. When cells are attacked by free radicals, excess oxidation causes damage and destroys cells. Antioxidants stop this process. The cellular damage caused by free radicals can be responsible for causing and/or accelerating many diseases. Triphala is rich in antioxidants and is recommended to guard against free radicals and protect from damaging excess oxidation. ……. This proven activity of antioxidant in this study will be very much helpful in modern medicine oxidative stress related diseases specially precancerous / premalignant conditions & thus helps in prevention of cancers. …… (Also) Triphala (is being) used for biliary disorders, diarrhea, dyspepsia, cough, renal problems, and hepatic disorders from ancient time.” (BOSE et. al., 2011, pp512-513)[ 5]
The health benefits of Yashtimadhu / Glycyrrhiza Glabra / Licorice Root in Arjun Paan:
Licorice root which is a perennial herb is up to 50 times sweeter than sugar.
- This licorice root helps to loosen and expel phlegm. Also it is a remedy for sore throat, cough and cold. It eases congestion from cough and cold. It helps to sooth irritated mucous membranes. “The German Standard License approves licorice root infusions for loosening mucus and alleviating discharge in bronchitis, while the British Herbal Compendium indicates the use of licorice root for bronchitis.” (Mercola, 2016, p1)[[vi]] .
- It helps to prevent growth of virus, bacteria and algae causing different illnesses and diseases. “Triterpenoid is one of the mainly active components of licorice. In recent years, the broad-spectrum antiviral activity of many triterpenoids in licorice was confirmed, and these findings have become a hot spot of antiviral immunity. The triterpenoids of licorice has the potential to become a novel broad-spectrum antiviral medicine and will be widely used in the clinical treatment.” (Pu et. al. 2013, p673)[[vii]].
- Licorice root help to relieve gastric ulcers and other forms of peptic ulcers by triggering releasing gel–forming mucins from stomach mucus membrane and strengthening stomach’s epithelial cells.(Johansson, 2013)[[viii]] “Licorice has antibacterial properties and has been found to help relieve stomach ulcers….. Germany’s Commission E approved the use of licorice root for treating ulcers.” (Mercola, 2016, p1) .
- Licorice roots relieve constipation by enhancing the contraction capacity of our colon in moving waste through. A clinical trial on 40 patients to investigate the effects of a herbal preparation containing licorice and other herbs (Lax-Asab) in treating chronic constipation has found that it significantly improved chronic constipation compared to a placebo. “Functional constipation is a common clinical complaint of patients with unsatisfactory treatment outcome. We designed this study to evaluate the efficiency of a traditional herbal preparation (Lax-Asab) in treating chronic constipation. …… Defecation difficulties improved significantly more in patients who received Lax-Asab than patients who received placebo. There was no statistically significant difference between the two groups with regard to the side effects observed. This study confirms the efficacy and tolerability of an Iranian herbal preparation, Lax-Asab, in treating patients with chronic functional constipation.” (Somi et al., 2015, p153)[[ix]].
[ii] Herbs Forever – an American based herbal company (2018) SATVEDA, 501 S.Harvard Blvd, Suite 2, Los Angeles, California U.S.A – 90020; [Web site: https://www.satveda.com/p/arjuna , Date Visited: 21/01/2018]
[iii] V. Kumar, N. Sharma, A. Sourirajan, and P. KumarKhosla (2018) Comparative evaluation of antimicrobial and antioxidant potential of ethanolic extract and its fractions of bark and leaves of Terminalia arjuna from north-western Himalayas, India, Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine, Vol.8(1), Jan., pp:100-106 [Web site: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2225411017300421 ; Date visited: 21/01/2018]
[iv] S. Mandal, A. Patra, A. Samanta, S. Roy, A. Mandal, T. D. Mahapatra, S. Pradhan, K. Das, and D. K. Nandi (2013) Analysis of Phytochemical Profile of Terminalia arjuna Bark Extract with Antioxidative and Antimicrobial Properties, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine (APJTB), Dec, Vol.3(12), pp:960–966.
[v] S. Bose*, Prof. S. K. Sinha**, and G. Mukherjee*** (2011) In-vitro Study of Triphala on Antioxidant Activity, Science & Culture, Vol.77, Nos.11–12, pp:511-513. [This study was supported by the Antioxidant Society of India; Web address: http://www.scienceandculture-isna.org/nov-dec-2011/21-06%20Research%20Communication%20-%20Surajit%20Bose.pdf , Visited on: 18/01/2018; * Dental Surgeon & Research Consultant, The Antioxidant Society of India.** Prof. Department of Botany, S. K. M University, Dumka.*** Pathologist & Ex-Guest Lecturer, Institute Post Graduate Ayurvedic Education & Research at Shyma Das Vidya Shastra Pith, Kolkata.]
[vi] Dr. Mercola’s (2016) What Is Licorice Root Good For? Natural Health Newsletter, March 21, p1; [Web site: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/03/21/licorice-root-uses.aspx ; Date visited: 21/01/2018]
[vii] J. Y. Pu, L. He, S. Y. Wu, P. Zhang, and X. Huang (2013) Anti-virus Research of Triterpenoids in Licorice, Bing Du Xue Bao. Nov, Vol.29(6), pp:673-679. [Web site: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24520776 , Date Visited: 21/01/2018]
[viii] M. E. V. Johansson, H. Sjövall, and G. C. Hansson (2013) The Gastrointestinal Mucus System in Health and Disease, Nature Reviews Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Vol.10, pp:352–361. [Web site: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3758667/ ; Date Visited: 21/01/2018]
[ix] M. H. Somi, M. Bagheri, and M. Ghojazadeh (2015) Efficacy of an Iranian Herbal Preparation (Lax-Asab) in Treating Functional Constipation: A randomized, Placebo-Controlled clinical Trial, Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine (eJTCM), Feb 21, Vol.5(3), pp:153-156 [Web site: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26151027 , Date Visited: 21/01/2018]
Ingradients Of Arjun Paan:
- Arjuna (অর্জুন) (Terminalia arjuna)
- Coriander (ধনিয়া) (Coriandrum sativum)
- Anise (মৌরী) (Pimpinella anisum)
- Gooseberry (আমলকী) (Phyllanthus Emblica)
- Betel (পান) (Piper betle)
- Horitoki (হরিতকি) (Terminalia chebula)
- Betel Nut ( সুপারী) (Areca catechu)
- Stevia (ষ্টেভিয়া) (Stevia rebaudiana)
- Yashtimadhu (যষ্ঠিমধু) (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Black Cumin (কালোজিরা) (Nigella Sativa)
- Others (অন্যান্য)….
Nutrition Facts Of Arjun Paan:
Calories ———————– 360
Protein ————————– 26.5gm
Fat —————————— 12.4gm
Dietary Fiber ——————–2.8gm
Niacin/B ———————— 31mg
Arjun Paan Pocket Box Barcode:
You can eat it anytime you like.
As it is produced from different natural ingredients it does not have any side effect.
Who Can take it:
Every One can Take It.